Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Finding The Big Ideas

These rants (hopefully) have been rather therapeutic. They have let you scream in your writing and get out all of your anger in a fairly harmless way. They have also let you react to things that you don't normally get a chance to. But, I had a grander scheme in mind when I asked you to start writing these rants. I wanted you to start thinking about the many injustices (unfair things in your life) you have had to go through as teenagers. As comments on this post, I would like to have an online discussion about the many things that are unfair or just plain wrong that happen to you in the course of growing up. So, look back at your rant and at the rants of your classmates and come up with a few of the most important or most horrific things that you face on a yearly/daily basis. If this paragraph didn't make any sense to you, think about it like this:

From reading these rants, what are the worst things that you have deal with every day?

Answer this question as a comment to this post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

jo_swimmr01: I have experienced a form of gender descrimination at school. Education is primarily occupied with female teachers, yet somehow it appears to the outside world that a male agenda happens in class. I try to be an enlightened man; I try to reverse the male centred curriculum, but I get much resistance for bringing up gender issues. This seems to be a strange form of sexism that both male and female students harbor. I'm not quite sure how to fix this, any ideas?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

curlyhairpinkpoodle: Cliques seem to be more based upon clothing, but I can't help but feel that racism and sexism still exist in making choices of friends and ideas. Do you agree?

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home